The following informatino was released by the Los Alamitos Show Choir.
The Los Alamitos Choirs Holiday Spectacular is working hard to live up to its name with the addition of the Los Alamitos High School string orchestra that will be joining the choirs on stage for several numbers during upcoming shows on Dec. to 8. As a special treat, members of the Oak Middle School choirs will also join Los Al’s choirs on stage for a special number during the Saturday, Dec. 7 matinee performance as well.
“There are a lot of talented young performers in our middle schools, and this is a great way to have them join in the festivities and fun that are hallmarks of our holiday show. We are truly looking forward to welcoming them to our stage,” said Director David Moellenkamp.
Adding yet another dimension to the spectacular element of the shows, Los Alamitos choir alumni are also being asked to join the current choir on stage to sing the grand finale performance of the “Hallelujah Chorus.”
“The holidays are all about a time for families, and we wanted to extend an invitation to past members of our choir family to join us on stage for this very special song,” added Moellenkamp.
Holiday Spectacular takes place Thursday and Friday, Dece. 6 and 7 at 7 p.m. and on Saturday, Dec. 8 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Tickets are $15 for reserved seats and $12 for general admission balcony seats. There are a limited number of VIP tickets available for each performance priced at $25. Specially priced $10 general admission seats are also available for the Saturday matinee show. All performances take place in the Margaret Webb Performing Arts Center on the campus of Los Alamitos High School, 3591 Cerritos Ave. in Los Alamitos.
LAHS Choir Director David Moellenkamp directs choirs and orchestra. Courtesy photo.
More about Orange County Breeze
Did you know that we have a monthly print edition?
We also have digital version of our print edition online.
To receive a daily email summary of the news, subscribe to our free daily feed!
- LAHS choirs to present Disney on Broadway Oct. 18 to 20 (oc-breeze.com)
- LAHS SoundFX choir named American’s favorite show choir by Parade magazine (oc-breeze.com)
- Support LAHS show choir SoundFX in online voting (oc-breeze.com)
- McAuliffe teaching aides lauded by Down Syndrome Association of Orange County (oc-breeze.com)
- Los Al Choir sings brightly in a New York State of Mind (oc-breeze.com)
- St. Isidore to host the first ever public Christmas tree lighting in Los Alamitos (oc-breeze.com)
- Families pack Eisenhower Park for annual Seal Beach tree lighting (oc-breeze.com)
- Local student band Riot Control to perform at 2012 Wings, Wheels, Rotors and Expo (oc-breeze.com)
- LAHS senior athletes celebrate signing day (oc-breeze.com)