The following information was released by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
On the morning of Nov. 30, members from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department and the FBI responded to a report of a bank robbery at the U.S. Bank, 2270 Pacific Coast Highway in Lomita, California.
The suspect was described as a black or Hispanic male with a dark complexion. This suspect was described as having a stocky build and possibly a skin condition.
Since last Friday, investigators have linked this bandit to five others in the cities listed below.
In bank surveillance photos, the suspect can be seen wearing a Detroit Tigers baseball hat and has been nicknamed the Tiger Bandit.
During the robberies, the suspect demands cash in various denominations. Investigators believe there is a possibility that the Tiger Bandit may actually be two men working together, but entering banks separately, based on the modus operandi and similar clothing worn.
A list of dates and corresponding cities where the Tiger Bandit has robbed are:
- Santa Monica – 11/27
- Huntington Beach – 11/29
- Marina del Rey – 11/24
- Long Beach – 11/24
- Cerritos – 11/23
- Lomita – 11/30
Investigators with multiple agencies are jointly investigating, including the Long Beach Police Department, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, the Huntington Beach Police Department, the Santa Monica Police Department, the Los Angeles Police Department, and the FBI.
Anyone with information as to the whereabouts of the suspect known as the Tiger Bandit is urged to call 1-888-CANT-HIDE (1-888-226-8443), or dial 911.
Additional information about currently wanted bank robbers can be found at www.labankrobbers.org.
Bank surveillance photo of Tiger Bandit courtesy of FBI.
More about Orange County Breeze
Did you know that we have a monthly print edition?
We also have digital version of our print edition online.
To receive a daily email summary of the news, subscribe to our free daily feed!
- FBI: ‘Tiger Bandit’ struck six times in a week (ocregister.com)
- FBI On The Hunt For ‘Tiger’ Bandit (losangeles.cbslocal.com)
- Felony charge filed against suspected bank robber dubbed ‘Desperate Bandit’ (swrnn.com)
- Police: Officers on bicycles catch ‘Stringer Bell Bandit’ (suntimes.com)
- Police: Man nabbed in Indio bank robbery may be ‘Desperate Bandit’ (swrnn.com)
- ‘Stringer Bell Bandit’ charged with bank robbery (suntimes.com)
- Man Arrested At Traffic Stop May Be Alleged ‘Desperate Bandit’ (losangeles.cbslocal.com)
- Police arrest suspect in ‘desperate bandit’ robberies (ocregister.com)