The following information was released by Matthew Harper.
On Monday, Dec. 3, 2012, Councilman Matthew Harper was unanimously elected by his colleagues as Mayor Pro Tempore of the City of Huntington Beach.
Last month, Mayor Pro Tempore Matthew Harper was elected by the mayors of Orange County’s Second District for a seat on the Orange County Transportation Authority Board of Directors that was vacated by outgoing Huntington Beach Mayor Don Hansen. Both Harper and Hansen were active in USC College Republicans and USC Student Senate during their overlapping years together as students at the University of Southern California.
A graduate of Huntington Beach High School, Mayor Pro Tempore Matthew Harper was elected to the Huntington Beach City Council by the voters on Nov. 2, 2010.
Prior to his service on the Huntington Beach City Council, Mayor Pro Tempore Matthew Harper was elected by the voters to three complete terms to the Board of Trustees for the Huntington Beach Union High School District (HBUHSD) starting in 1998. The HBUHSD includes Huntington Beach, most of Westminster, most of Fountain Valley, Midway City, Sunset Beach and a portion of Garden Grove.
Courtesy photo of Huntington Beach Mayor Pro Tem Matthew Harper.
More about Orange County Breeze
Did you know that we have a monthly print edition?
We also have digital version of our print edition online.
To receive a daily email summary of the news, subscribe to our free daily feed!
- Huntington Beach Councilman Harper elected to OCTA board (oc-breeze.com)
- Seal Beach Mayor Pro Tem Miller elected to OCTA Board (oc-breeze.com)
- Tiger Bandit hits six banks in a week – including Huntington Beach, Long Beach and Cerritos (oc-breeze.com)
- Huntington Beach man sentenced for shooting murder (oc-breeze.com)
- Controversial Huntington Beach coyote control plan to be submitted (abclocal.go.com)