The following information was released by the Seal Beach Police Department.
The Seal Beach Police Department welcomes everyone tonight to the 34th annual Seal Beach Christmas Parade. There will be road closures associated with the parade. The parade begins at 7pm but the road closures will begin at approximately 6pm.
Pacific Coast Highway will be closed to east/south bound traffic from Main Street to 12th Street during the duration of the parade. Traffic will be diverted from PCH to Main St. /Bolsa, east to either Balboa South or Seal Beach Blvd. Motorists are urged to select an alternate route beginning at 6:00 P.M. The closure may be in effect until 9:00 P.M or until the parade has ended and our parade attendees have safely cleared the streets.
The Seal Beach Police Department suggests those driving from the Long Beach area travel east on Westminster Avenue and avoid the PCH corridor altogether.
Motorists will be able to access the Old Town / Hill areas of the city using Seal Beach Boulevard.
Additional closures in the Old Town Area include:
- Main Street from Ocean to PCH
- Ocean Ave. from 8th Street to 10th Street
- Central Ave. from 8th Street to 10th Street
- Electric Ave. from 8th Street to 10th Street
We again thank everyone for their patience and please drive safely!
File photo by C.E.H> Wiedel of Volunteer Clowns of Orange County, one of the 2011 Parade participants.
Did you know that we have a monthly print edition?
We also have digital version of our print edition online.
To receive a daily email summary of the news, subscribe to our free daily feed!
- Season’s greetings from Seal Beach Councilwoman Ellery Deaton (oc-breeze.com)
- Halloween on Main Street in Old Town Seal Beach (oc-breeze.com)
- Chamber to sponsor Old Town Seal Beach sidewalk sale this Friday, Saturday, Sunday (oc-breeze.com)
- Families pack Eisenhower Park for annual Seal Beach tree lighting (oc-breeze.com)
- Seal Beach PD advisory: avoid I-405 for next several hours (oc-breeze.com)
- Seal Beach City offices to close December 24 through January 2 (oc-breeze.com)
- West Orange County Connector Project nighttime closure schedule for Sunday, December 2 (oc-breeze.com)