The following information was released by the Orange County District Attorney.
A mother was sentenced today to 25 years to life in state prison for murdering one of her 23-month-old twins by rupturing the baby’s heart and injuring the other twin by causing a skull fracture. Linda Wilborn, 34, Seal Beach, was found guilty by a jury Oct. 16, 2012, of one felony count of second degree murder, one felony count of assault on a child with force likely to produce great bodily injury resulting in death, and two felony counts of child abuse.
At the time of the crime, Wilborn had four young children, including 23-month-old twins Millicent and John Doe. Between Oct. 17, 2009, and Dec. 17, 2009, the defendant physically abused the twins.
On Dec. 17, 2009, Wilborn was home with her four children while her husband was at work. The defendant inflicted tremendous blunt force trauma to Millicent’s stomach. At approximately 4:00 p.m., Wilborn called 911 to report that the victim was unresponsive.
Millicent was transported to the hospital, but later died due to a ruptured heart, despite the life-saving efforts of medical staff. Further examination of the victim revealed that she had fresh and old fractures to her ribs. An examination of her twin, John Doe, revealed that he had a fractured skull. The defendant caused the great bodily injuries that resulted in the death of Millicent and the injuries to John Doe. The other two children did not have any physical signs of trauma.
Wilborn’s three surviving children were placed in protective custody. The Seal Beach Police Department investigated this case and arrested the defendant while she was at the Orange County Social Services Agency visiting her children.
Senior Deputy District Attorney Scott Simmons of the Homicide Unit prosecuted this case.
More about Orange County Breeze
Did you know that we have a monthly print edition?
We also have digital version of our print edition online.
To receive a daily email summary of the news, subscribe to our free daily feed!
- Seal Beach mother convicted of murdering 23-month-old daughter, injuring twin brother (oc-breeze.com)
- Mom gets life in prison in baby death (ocregister.com)
- Jury: Mom guilty of killing toddler (ocregister.com)
- Halloween on Main Street in Old Town Seal Beach (oc-breeze.com)
- Chamber to sponsor Old Town Seal Beach sidewalk sale this Friday, Saturday, Sunday (oc-breeze.com)
- Corrections to December 2012 print edition (oc-breeze.com)
- Seal Beach massage therapist sentenced for sexual assault (oc-breeze.com)
- Season’s greetings from Seal Beach Councilwoman Ellery Deaton (oc-breeze.com)
- Families pack Eisenhower Park for annual Seal Beach tree lighting (oc-breeze.com)