The following information was released by the Cypress Festival Association.
As each new calendar year starts, the Cypress Festival Association gears up for the month’s long effort needed to mount a whomping great community festival on the last Saturday in July.
This year, the Festival will fall on July 27. The day will begin with a 5k/10k race sponsored by the City of Cypress and a pancake breakfast ably handled by the Kiwanis Club of Cypress. The Festival grounds at Oak Knoll Park, 5700 Orange Ave. in Cypress, will welcome an expected 30,000 visitors to enjoy craft booths, a Business Expo, a kid’s zone, roving clowns and stilt-walkers, a chili cook-off, and a car show — plus continuous live entertainment on up to four stages at the same time!
The Festival Association is now looking for volunteers, vendors and sponsors to participate in this year’s Festival.
Forms are available at the Festival website, www.cypressfestival.com.
From the website homepage, scan down the list of links on the lefthand side to find the form that’s right for you.
Click on “Sponsors” if you are interested in offering the Festival Association a donation. Money allows the Festival Association to quickly assign funds to current needs. In-kind donations provide services or materials. Recognition of sponsors is divided into tiers, and all levels of donation are welcome.
Click on “Vendor Information” if you are considering applying for a booth to sell your own crafts. (Commercial vendors should exhibit in the Business Expo section managed by the Cypress Chamber.)
Click on “Volunteers” if you would like to help the Festival Association either ahead of the Festival or on the day of the Festival.
A vendor displays their wares at a prior Cypress Community Festival
- Festival Association seeking volunteers for 2013 Cypress Community Festival (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress Kiwanis celebrate Red Ribbon Week essay winners (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress Church partners with non-profits to recruit volunteers (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress Boys and Girls Club seeking book donations (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress seeks nominations for volunteer service and arts awards (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress recognizes resident Stephen Sanders for his community service (oc-breeze.com)
- New youth leader at Cypress Church holds high hopes for local students (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress College holds “active shooter” emergency preparedness drills (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress Woman’s Club holds Mad Hatter’s Tea (oc-breeze.com)