The following information was released by the City of Seal Beach.
SEAL BEACH BERM REMOVAL
The City of Seal Beach will commence removal of the annual Winter Sand Berm. Work is expected to begin on March 18, 2013 and take a week and a half to complete. The removal of the winter sand berm will be performed by Post Earthworks Constructors.
The Contractor will stage their equipment in the 10th Street beach parking lot. On Monday, March 18, 2013, Public Works will have a portion of the parking lot blocked off for the contractors in preparation of their work.
East Beach will be closed during the removal of the berm for safety reasons due to the presence of large construction machinery working in that location. The berm removal is anticipated to be completed before Easter weekend.
For more information on this project, please contact David Spitz, Associate Engineer at 562-431-2527 ext. 1331.
Photo of the winter sand berm courtesy of the City of Seal Beach.
More about Orange County Breeze
Did you know that we have a monthly print edition?
We also have digital version of our print edition online.
To receive a daily email summary of the news, subscribe to our free daily feed!
- Seal Beach Tennis Center looking for new members (oc-breeze.com)
- Seal Beach-Los Alamitos Relay For Life seeking event sponsors (oc-breeze.com)
- Seal Beach opens applications for City support with Feb. 15 deadline (oc-breeze.com)
- Sunrise of Seal Beach to offer complimentary lunch (oc-breeze.com)
- Pageant crowns Miss Seal Beach 2013 (oc-breeze.com)
- Construction starts on Ocean Ave. waterline and sewer replacements (oc-breeze.com)