Weather in northwest Orange County for Monday, March 20, 2017:
Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 67. Light south wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
A 20 percent chance of rain after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the evening.
A storm system is expected to enter the region, bringing below-seasonable highs and a chance of rain most of the week.
The article above is based on information released by the National Weather Service. The tomato icon indicates that the overnight low is forecast to be above 50°F. Tomatoes will set fruit only at temperatures at or above 50°F.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1760 The Great Fire of Boston destroys 349 buildings.
- 1841 Edgar Allan Poe’s The Murders in the Rue Morgue, considered the first detective story, is published.
- 1852 Harriet Beecher Stowe’s Uncle Tom’s Cabin is published.
- 1904 Birth of B.F. Skinner, American psychologist.
- 1922 President Warren G. Harding orders U.S. troops back from the Rhineland.
- 1922 The USS Langley is commissioned as the first U.S. Navy aircraft carrier. Converted in 1920 from the collier USS Jupiter (AC-3), it is the Navy’s first turbo-electric-powered ship.
- 1925 Birth of John Ehrlichman, White House advisor to President Nixon.
- 1928 Birth of Fred Rogers, television performer (Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood).
- 1939 President Franklin D. Roosevelt names William O. Douglas to the Supreme Court.
- 1965 President Lyndon B. Johnson orders 4,000 troops to protect the Selma-Montgomery civil rights marchers.
- 1969 Senator Edward Kennedy calls on the United States to close all bases in Taiwan.
- 1976 Patty Hearst is convicted of armed robbery.
- 1982 U.S. scientists return from Antarctica with the first land mammal fossils found there.
- 1987 The United State approves AZT, a drug that is proven to slow the progress of AIDS.