Weather in northwest Orange County for Wednesday, April 19, 2017:
Patchy drizzle before 11am. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 74. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 55. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southeast after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
High temperatures are expected to gradually rise, peaking in the low 80s at the end of the week before gradually dropping.
The article above is based on information released by the National Weather Service. The tomato icon indicates that the overnight low is forecast to be above 50°F. Tomatoes will set fruit only at temperatures at or above 50°F.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1689 Residents of Boston oust their governor, Edmond Andros.
- 1721 Birth of Roger Sherman, signer of the Declaration of Independence.
- 1764 The English Parliament bans the American colonies from printing paper money.
- 1775 The American Revolution begins as fighting breaks out at Lexington, Massachusetts.
- 1782 The Netherlands recognizes the United States.
- 1802 The Spanish reopen New Orleans port to American merchants.
- 1824 English poet Lord George Gordon Byron dies of malaria at age 36 while aiding Greek independence.
- 1832 Birth of Lucretia Rudolph, President James A. Garfield‘s first lady.
- 1861 The Baltimore riots result in four Union soldiers and nine civilians killed.
- 1861 President Abraham Lincoln orders a blockade of Confederate ports.
- 1880 The Times war correspondent telephones a report of the Battle of Ahmed Khel, the first time news is sent from a field of battle in this manner.
- 1903 Birth of Eliot Ness, Treasury agent during Prohibition.
- 1934 Shirley Temple appears in her first movie.
- 1939 Connecticut finally approves the Bill of Rights.
- 1960 Baseball uniforms begin displaying player’s names on their backs.
- 1977 Alex Haley receives a special Pulitzer Prize for his book Roots.
- 1982 NASA names Sally Ride to be the first woman astronaut.
- 1989 The battleship USS Iowa‘s number 2 turret explodes, killing sailors.
- 1993 The FBI ends a 51-day siege by storming the Branch Davidian religious cult headquarters in Waco, Texas.
- 1995 A truck bomb explodes in front of the federal building in Oklahoma City, killing 168 people.