Weather in northwest Orange County for Thursday, April 20, 2017:
Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, partly sunny, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 79. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
Mostly clear, with a low around 56. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
High temperatures are expected to gradually rise, peaking in the low 80s at the end of the week before gradually dropping.
The article above is based on information released by the National Weather Service. The tomato icon indicates that the overnight low is forecast to be above 50°F. Tomatoes will set fruit only at temperatures at or above 50°F.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1769 Ottawa Chief Pontiac is murdered by an Indian in Cahokia.
- 1775 British troops begin the siege of Boston.
- 1836 The Territory of Wisconsin is created.
- 1841 Edgar Allen Poe’s first detective story is published.
- 1861 Robert E. Lee resigns from the U.S. Army.
- 1916 The first National League game is played at Chicago’s Wrigley Field, then known as Weeghman Park. The park was renamed Cubs Park in 1920 and Wrigley Field, for the Chicago Cubs owner, in 1926.
- 1940 The first electron microscope is demonstrated.
- 1951 General Douglas MacArthur addresses a joint session of Congress after being relieved by President Harry Truman.
- 1962 The New Orleans Citizens Committee gives free one-way ride to blacks to move North.
- 1967 U.S. planes bomb Haiphong for first time during the Vietnam War.
- 1999 Two students enter Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado and open fire with multiple firearms, killing 13 students and teachers, wounding 25 and eventually shooting themselves.