Weather in northwest Orange County for Friday, April 21, 2017:
Sunny, with a high near 88. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Clear, with a low around 60. West wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light and variable.
High temperatures are expected to gradually rise, peaking in the upper 80s at the end of the week before gradually dropping.
The article above is based on information released by the National Weather Service. The tomato icon indicates that the overnight low is forecast to be above 50°F. Tomatoes will set fruit only at temperatures at or above 50°F.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1649 The Maryland Toleration Act is passed, allowing all people freedom of worship.
- 1838 Birth of John Muir, naturalist.
- 1836 General Sam Houston defeats Santa Anna at the Battle of San Jacinto. Texas wins independence from Mexico.
- 1862 Congress establishes the U.S. Mint.
- 1865 Abraham Lincoln’s funeral train leaves Washington.
- 1898 The Spanish-American War begins.
- 1910 Mark Twain dies at the age of 75.
- 1916 Bill Carlisle, the infamous ‘last train robber,’ robs a train in Hanna, Wyoming.
- 1914 U.S. Marines occupy Vera Cruz, Mexico. They will stay six months.
- 1943 President Franklin D. Roosevelt announces that several Doolittle pilots have been executed by Japanese.
- 1966 Pfc. Milton Lee Olive is awarded the Medal of Honor, posthumously, for bravery during the Vietnam War.
- 1995 Federal authorities arrest Timothy McVeigh in connection with the Oklahoma City bombing.