Weather in northwest Orange County for Saturday, July 15, 2017:
Mostly sunny, with a high near 87. Light south wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Partly cloudy, with a low around 68. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light south in the evening. .
The article above is based on information released by the National Weather Service.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1779 Birth of Clement Moore, American scholar and educator.
- 1806 Birth of Lieutenant Zebulon Pike begins his western expedition from Fort Belle Fontaine.
- 1836 Birth of William Winter, drama critic and essayist for the New York Times.
- 1850 Birth of Francis Xavier Cabrini, the first American canonized saint.
- 1863 Confederate raider Bill Anderson and his Bushwhackers attack Huntsville, Missouri, stealing $45,000 from the local bank.
- 1901 Over 74,000 Pittsburgh steel workers go on strike.
- 1958 President Dwight Eisenhower sends 5,000 Marines to Lebanon to keep the peace.
- 1960 John F. Kennedy accepts the Democratic nomination for president.