Weather in northwest Orange County for Sunday, July 16, 2017:
Mostly sunny, with a high near 84. Light south wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 68. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light south in the evening.
The article above is based on information released by the National Weather Service.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1779 American troops under General Anthony Wayne capture Stony Point, NY
- 1882 Mary Todd Lincoln, the widow of Abraham Lincoln, dies of a stroke.
- 1911 Birth of Ginger Rogers, actress and dancer.
- 1945 The United States detonates the first atomic bomb in a test at Alamogordo, N. M.
- 1969 Apollo 11 blasts off from Cape Kennedy, Florida, heading for a landing on the moon.
- 1999 A private plane piloted by John F. Kennedy Jr. is lost over the waters off Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts