Weather in northwest Orange County for Tuesday, September 12, 2017:
Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 86. Light west wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Increasing clouds, with a low around 66. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
Temperatures are expected to drop into the upper 70s to low 80s, with morning clouds followed by afternoon sun.
The article above is based on information released by the National Weather Service.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1609 Henry Hudson sails into what is now New York Harbor aboard his sloop Half Moon.
- 1662 Governor Berkley of Virginia is denied his attempts to repeal the Navigation Acts.
- 1892 Birth of Alfred A. Knopf, American publisher.
- 1913 Birth of Jesse Owens, track and field athlete who won four medals at the Berlin Olympics in 1936.
- 1944 American troops fight their way into Germany.
- 1969 President Richard Nixon orders a resumption in bombing North Vietnam.
- 1992 The Space Shuttle Endeavor takes off on NASA’s 50th shuttle mission; its crew includes the first African-American woman in space, the first married couple, and the first Japanese citizen to fly in a US spacecraft.
- 2011 In New York City, the 9/11 Memorial Museum opens to the public.