Weather in northwest Orange County for Thursday, October 12, 2017:
Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 77. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Mostly clear, with a low around 58. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Temperatures are expected to fluctuate from the 70s to the 80s throughout the week.
The article above is based on information released by the National Weather Service.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1809 Meriwether Lewis, of the Lewis and Clark expedition, dies under mysterious circumstances in Tennessee.
- 1872 Apache leader Cochise signs a peace treaty with General Howard in Arizona Territory.
- 1943 The US Fifth Army begins an assault crossing of the Volturno River in Italy.
- 1970 President Richard Nixon announces the pullout of 40,000 more American troops in Vietnam by Christmas.
- 1971 The House of Representatives passes the Equal Rights Amendment 354-23.
- 2000 Suicide bombers at Aden, Yemen, damage the USS Cole; 17 crew members are killed and over 35 are wounded.