Weather in northwest Orange County for Wednesday, November 29, 2017:
Mostly sunny, with a high near 75. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Partly cloudy, with a low around 54. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
High temperatures are expected to remain in the upper 70s until the end of the week, followed by a sharp drop into the low 70s and upper 60s.
The article above is based on information released by the National Weather Service.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1760 Major Roger Rogers takes possession of Detroit on behalf of Britain.
- 1832 Birth of Louisa May Alcott, novelist (Little Women).
- 1863 The Battle of Fort Sanders, Knoxville, Tennessee, ends with a Confederate withdrawal.
- 1864 Colonel John M. Chivington’s 3rd Colorado Volunteers massacre Black Kettles’ camp of Cheyenne and Arapahoe Indians at Sand Creek, Colorado.
- 1903 An inquiry into the US Postal Service demonstrates the government has lost millions in fraud.
- 1923 An international commission headed by American banker Charles Dawes is set up to investigate the German economy.
- 1948 The Metropolitan Opera is televised for the first time as the season opens with “Othello.”
- 1949 The United States announces it will conduct atomic tests at Eniwetok Atoll in the Pacific.
- 1961 NASA launches a chimpanzee named Enos into Earth orbit.
- 1963 President Lyndon B. Johnson appoints Chief Justice Earl Warren head of a commission to investigate the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
- 1967 US Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara announces his resignation.
- 1972 Atari announces the release of Pong, the first commercially successful video game.