Weather in northwest Orange County for Monday, February 12, 2018:
Scattered showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 62. Light south wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
There will be a chance of showers through much of the week, with highs in the 60s to mid-70s.
The article above is based on information released by the National Weather Service.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1775 Birth of Louisa Adams, wife of John Quincy Adams
- 1793 The first fugitive slave law, requiring the return of escaped slaves, is passed.
- 1809 Birth of Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United State (1861-1865).
- 1836 Mexican General Santa Anna crosses the Rio Grande en route to the Alamo.
- 1893 Birth of Omar Bradley, US army general during World War II.
- 1909 The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) is formed.
- 1924 George Gershwin’s groundbreaking symphonic jazz composition Rhapsody in Blue premieres with Gershwin himself playing the piano with Paul Whiteman’s orchestra.
- 1929 Charles Lindbergh announces his engagement to Anne Morrow.
- 1935 The Macon, the last US Navy dirigible, crashes off the coast of California, killing two people.
- 1938 Japan refuses to reveal naval data requested by the US and Britain.
- 1944 Wendell Willkie enters the American presidential race against Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- 1972 Senator Edward Kennedy advocates amnesty for Vietnam draft resisters.
- 1974 The Symbionese Liberation Army asks the Hearst family for $230 million in food for the poor.
- 1980 The Lake Placid Winter Olympics open in New York.
- 1987 A Court in Texas upholds a $10.53 billion fine imposed on Texaco for the illegal takeover of Getty Oil.
- 1999 The US Senate fails to pass two articles of impeachment against President Bill Clinton. He had been accused of perjury and obstruction of justice by the House of Representatives.