Weather in northwest Orange County for Monday, March 12, 2018:
Partly sunny, with a high near 72. Light west wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light southwest in the evening.
There will be a chance of rain through much of the week as storm systems continue to move through the region, with high temperatures in the low 60s.
The article above is based on information released by the National Weather Service.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1664 New Jersey becomes a British colony.
- 1863 President Jefferson Davis delivers his State of the Confederacy address.
- 1884 Mississippi establishes the first US state college for women.
- 1894 Coca-Cola is sold in bottles for the first time.
- 1911 Dr. Fletcher of the Rockefeller Institute discovers the cause of infantile paralysis.
- 1912 Juliet Low founds the Girl Scouts in Savannah, Georgia.
- 1922 Birth of Jack Kerouac, American novelist (On the Road).
- 1928 Birth of Edward Albee, American dramatist (Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf).
- 1933 President Roosevelt makes the first of his Sunday evening fireside chats.
- 1959 The US House of Representatives joins the Senate in approving the statehood of Hawaii.
- 1985 The United States and the Soviet Union begin arms control talks in Geneva.