Below please find updates on the environmental remediation project that required the County of Orange to temporarily close a portion of the Santa Ana River Trail from Memory Lane/Garden Grove Boulevard in Orange to Taft Avenue/Ball Road in Anaheim beginning January 22.
Project Status Updates:
- Debris Removed (Jan. 22 – March 3): Approximately 404 tons
- Needles Removed (Jan. 22 – March 3): Approximately 13,950 needles
- Property Stored (# of People) (Jan. 22 – March 3): 89 people
- Property Reclaimed (through March 7): 7 people
- Individuals Connected to Motel Housing by the OC Health Care Agency and City Net (Feb. 14 – 25): 697 individuals
- Clinical Assessments by the OC Health Care Agency of Individuals in Motel Housing (Feb. 28 – March 2): 221 assessments
- Referrals Made to Available Resources/Agencies (Feb. 28 – March 2): 493 referrals (including to the Social Services Agency, HCA’s Public Health nurses, HCA’s Behavioral Health and/or Residential Treatment, CalOptima (physical and mild/moderate behavioral health), and OC Community Resources (Veterans Services)/City Net)
Additional information on the project will be shared as it becomes available. For more information about the County of Orange, visit www.ocgov.com.
This article was released by the County of Orange.