Weather in northwest Orange County for Tuesday, March 13, 2018:
A chance of rain after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 71. Light west wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Rain. Low around 54. West wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
There will be a chance of rain through much of the week as storm systems continue to move through the region, with high temperatures in the low 60s.
The article above is based on information released by the National Weather Service.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1660 A statute is passed limiting the sale of slaves in the colony of Virginia.
- 1777 Congress orders its European envoys to appeal to high-ranking foreign officers to send troops to reinforce the American army.
- 1793 Eli Whitney patents the cotton gin.
- 1855 Birth of Percival Lowell, astronomer who predicted the discovery of the planet Pluto.
- 1861 Jefferson Davis signs a bill authorizing slaves to be used as soldiers for the Confederacy.
- 1868 The US Senate begins the impeachment trial of President Andrew Johnson.
- 1918 Women are scheduled to march in the St. Patrick’s Day Parade in New York due to a shortage of men.
- 1942 Julia Flikke of the Nurse Corps becomes the first woman colonel in the US Army.
- 1943 Japanese forces end their attack on the American troops on Hill 700 in Bougainville.
- 1957 The FBI arrests Jimmy Hoffa on bribery charges.
- 1974 The US Senate votes 54-33 to restore the death penalty.
- 1974 Arab nations decide to end the oil embargo on the United States.
- 1981 The United States plans to send 15 Green Berets to El Salvador as military advisors.
- 1991 Exxon pays $1 billion in fines and costs for the clean-up of the Alaskan oil spill.