Weather in northwest Orange County for Wednesday, March 14, 2018:
Partly sunny, with a high near 66. Southwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Showers likely, mainly after 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 51. West wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
There will be a chance of rain through much of the week as storm systems continue to move through the region, with high temperatures in the low 60s.
The article above is based on information released by the National Weather Service.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1629 A Royal charter is granted to the Massachusetts Bay Colony.
- 1743 The first American town meeting is held at Boston’s Faneuil Hall.
- 1794 Inventor Eli Whitney receives a patent for his cotton gin.
- 1833 Birth of Lucy Hobbs Taylor, the first American woman to become a dentist.
- 1864 Birth of Casey Jones, railroad engineer.
- 1879 Birth of Albert Einstein, German-born mathematician best known for his theories on relativity.
- 1900 The United States currency goes on the gold standard.
- 1903 The Senate ratifies the Hay-Herran Treaty, guaranteeing the United States the right to build a canal in Panama.
- 1923 President Warren G. Harding becomes the first US President to file an income tax report.
- 1934 Birth of Eugene Cernan, American astronaut; the last man on the moon.
- 1947 The United States signs a 99-year lease on naval bases in the Philippines.
- 1951 UN forces recapture Seoul for the second time during the Korean War.
- 1964 A Dallas jury finds Jack Ruby guilty of the murder of alleged assassin Lee Harvey Oswald.
- 1967 John F. Kennedy‘s body is moved from a temporary grave to a permanent one in Arlington Cemetery.
- 1968 The Mai Lai Massacre occurs. An estimated 347-504 Vietnamese Villagers are killed by American troops.