Weather in northwest Orange County for Thursday, June 7, 2018:
Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 76. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Increasing clouds, with a low around 61. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.
Temperatures are forecast to rise into the mid-80s early in the new week, with mostly sunny skies.
The article above is based on information released by the National Weather Service.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1712 The Pennsylvania Assembly bans the importation of slaves.
- 1767 Daniel Boone sights present-day Kentucky.
- 1775 The United Colonies change their name to the United States.
- 1909 Birth of Virginia Apgar, American physician and medical researcher.
- 1909 Birth of Peter Rodino, US congressman, chairman of the Watergate hearings.
- 1917 Birth of Gwendolyn Brooks, African-American poet.
- 1932 Over 7,000 war veterans march on Washington, D.C., demanding their bonus pay for service in World War I.
- 1968 In Operation Swift Saber, U.S. Marines sweep an area 10 miles northwest of Da Nang in South Vietnam.