Weather in northwest Orange County for Wednesday, June 13, 2018:
Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 84. Light south wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 62. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight.
Temperatures are expected to drop sharply into the low 70s at the end of the week, coupled with a return of morning overcast.
The article above is based on information released by the National Weather Service.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1777 The Marquis de Lafayette arrives in the American colonies to help in their rebellion against Britain.
- 1786 Birth of Winfield Scott, US Army general.
- 1863 Confederate forces on their way to Gettysburg clash with Union troops at the Second Battle of Winchester, Virginia.
- 1920 The US Post Office Department rules that children may not be sent by parcel post.
- 1943 German spies land on Long Island, New York, and are soon captured.
- 1971 The New York Times begins publishing the Pentagon Papers.
- 1979 Sioux Indians are awarded $105 million in compensation for the 1877 U.S. seizure of the Black Hills in South Dakota.
- 1983 Pioneer 10, already in space for 11 years, leaves the solar system.