The OC Fair Express Bus service returns Saturday, July 14 to provide convenient non-stop travel to the OC Fair on weekends.
The express bus service will provide service from nine locations to the OC Fair from approximately 10 a.m. to midnight on Saturdays and Sundays, from July 14 to Aug. 12.
Four of the pickup locations connect directly from Metrolink passenger rail stations. Riders can use their valid Metrolink passes from connecting trains to ride the OC Fair Express for free.
Regular bus fare is $4 round-trip and riders will receive a coupon for $4 admission to the OC Fair – a savings of up to $10 off the regular ticket price. Riders ages 60 and over and those with disabilities ride for just 75 cents each way, and children 5 years and younger ride for free when accompanied by a paying adult. Metrolink transfers also receive the $4 fair admission coupon.
Riders can also download the free OC Bus app to their mobile device to easily buy electronic tickets in advance and to check bus routes and schedules.
The OC Fair Express allows riders to avoid traffic and parking hassles, and passengers are dropped off just feet from the entrance to the OC Fair.
Locations where riders can catch the OC Fair Express include:
- Anaheim: Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center, 2626 E. Katella Ave.
- Anaheim Canyon: Anaheim Canyon Metrolink Station, 1039 N. Pacificenter Drive
- Fullerton: Fullerton Park-and-Ride, 3000 W. Orangethorpe Ave.
- Huntington Beach: Goldenwest Transportation Center, 7301 Center Ave.
- Irvine: Irvine Metrolink Station, 15215 Barranca Parkway
- Laguna Hills: Laguna Hills Transportation Center, 24282 Calle de los Caballeros
- Laguna Niguel/Mission Viejo Metrolink Station: 28200 Forbes Road, Laguna Niguel
- Orange: The Village at Orange, 1500 E. Village Way
- Santa Ana: The Depot at Santa Ana, 1000 E. Santa Ana Blvd.
The special bus service offered by the Orange County Transportation Authority had more than 87,000 total boardings during the five-week fair season last year.
The OC Fair Express bus service has been transporting passengers directly to the OC Fair every year since 2011.
The OC Fair Express is funded in part by a grant from the Mobile Source Air Pollution Reduction Review Committee. The committee provides subsidies for cleaner transportation alternatives.
For more information: www.ocfairexpress.com.
This article was released by the Orange County Transportation Authority.