Weather in northwest Orange County for Wednesday, July 11, 2018:
Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 87. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 70. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
Temperatures are forecast to moderate gradually over the next week after a tropical weather system passes through the region. Seasonal temperatures in the low 80s are expected to return by next week.
The article above is based on information released by the National Weather Service.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1767 Birth of John Quincy Adams, Sixth President of the United States (1825-1829).
- 1786 Morocco agrees to stop attacking American ships in the Mediterranean for a payment of $10,000.
- 1804 Alexander Hamilton is mortally wounded by Aaron Burr in a duel.
- 1838 Birth of John Wanamaker, US merchant, founder of one of the first American department stores.
- 1862 President Abraham Lincoln appoints General Henry Halleck as general-in-chief of the Federal army.
- 1972 American forces break the 95-day siege at An Loc in Vietnam.
- 1995 Full diplomatic relations are established between the United States and Vietnam