Weather in northwest Orange County for Thursday, July 12, 2018:
Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 88. Light south wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 69. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Temperatures are expected to remain in the mid to upper 80s, with mostly sunny skies.
The article above is based on information released by the National Weather Service.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1817 Birth of Henry David Thoreau, essayist, naturalist and poet (Walden).
- 1854 Birth of George Eastman, photography pioneer.
- 1862 The U.S. Congress authorizes the Medal of Honor, the highest and most prestigious personal military decoration that may be awarded to recognize U.S. military service members who distinguished themselves by acts of valor.
- 1954 President Dwight D. Eisenhower proposes a highway modernization program, with costs to be shared by federal and state governments.
- 1957 The U.S. surgeon general, Leroy E. Burney, reports that there is a direct link between smoking and lung cancer.
- 1974 G. Gordon Liddy, John Ehrlichman and two others are convicted of conspiracy and perjury in connection with the Watergate scandal.
- 1984 Democratic presidential candidate Walter Mondale chooses Geraldine Ferraro as his running mate.