How do I report coyotes?
Residents are encouraged to report
coyote activity on Coyote Cacher:
Coyote Cacher allows the City to
monitor all reported encounters.
Residents can also use Coyote
Cacher to view a map of reported
encounters and sign up to receive
Coyote encounters can also be
reported directly to the City at
or (714) 229-3381.
The Cypress City Council recently adopted a coyote management plan to address community concerns about the presence of coyotes in Cypress. While coyotes are generally reclusive animals who avoid human contact, it is important to be aware of their presence and take appropriate action to ensure the safety of your property and pets.
What can I do to discourage coyote activity in my neighborhood?
Residents can take preventative measures to ensure they are not providing food or shelter sources that may attract coyotes and other wildlife to their neighborhoods. Here are some general tips:
- Never leave cats and small dogs outdoors unattended
- Always feed pets indoors
- Use enclosed bins for compost; never compost meat or fish
- Clean up spilled bird seed around feeders
- Remove fallen fruit from the ground
- Store trash cans in an area where they cannot be tipped over
- Install motion-sensor lighting around your home
- Keep yards free of thick brush/weeds
- NEVER deliberately feed coyotes
For more information and tips, visit our website at www.cypressca.org/services/coyote-management-plan
The article above is taken from a downloadable and printable flyer (pdf) prepared by the City of Cypress.