Weather in northwest Orange County for Monday, February 10, 2020:
A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 71. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Mostly clear, with a low around 48. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph after midnight.
Mostly sunny skies are expected for the remaining week, with highs in the 60s and lows in the 40s.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1763 The Treaty of Paris ends the French-Indian War. France gives up all her territories in the New World except New Orleans and a few scattered islands.
- 1846 Led by religious leader Brigham Young, the first Mormons begin a long westward exodus from Nauvoo, Il., to Utah.
- 1863 P.T. Barnum’s star midgets, Tom Thumb and Lavinia Warren, are married.
- 1893 Birth of Jimmy Durante, American comedian and film actor.
- 1915 President Wilson blasts the British for using the U.S. flag on merchant ships to deceive the Germans.
- 1942 The war halts civilian car production at Ford.
- 1945 B-29s hit the Tokyo area.
- 1955 Bell Aircraft displays a fixed-wing vertical takeoff plane.
- 1960 Adolph Coors, the beer brewer, is kidnapped in Golden, Colo.
- 1966 Protester David Miller is convicted of burning his draft card.
- 1979 The Metropolitan Museum announces the first major theft in its 110-year history, $150,000 Greek marble head.