Food Resources for Families
Tustin Drive Through Food Drive
- Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Location: Families Together of Orange County Community Health Center, 621 West First St., Tustin CA, 92780
Saddleback Church: Peace Community Resource Center Food Pantry
- Fresh and nonperishable grocery items, packages contain 5 days worth of food
- Families may receive assistance once every 30 days
- Locations: Anaheim, Irvine South, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Rancho Capistrano, San Clemente
Second Harvest Food Bank Drive Through
- Saturdays 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Location: Honda Center parking lot: 2695 E. Katella Ave. Enter off South Douglass Road.
Christ Cathedral: Food Bank
- Pre-bagged food distribution: Thursday, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Location: 13280 Chapman Ave, Garden Grove, CA 92840 by front gate of the property
Salvation Army Orange County: Drive Through Food Distribution
- Canned foods, produce, frozen goods
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and Tuesday, Thursday 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- For residents of North and Central Orange County – Bring ID
- May receive food once monthly
- Must meet low income guidelines (TEFAP)
- Location: 1515 W. North Street, Anaheim, CA
Families Forward: Drive Through Food Bank
- Drive-thru service including food and diapers
- Monday – Friday 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Location: 8 Thomas, Irvine, CA 92618
Food for Christ at the Rock: Drive Through Food Bank
- Hours: Drive-thru will be 7:00 am – 9:00 am on Saturday.
- Phone: (714) 331-6311
- Location: 101 East Orangethorpe Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92801
Southwest Community Center
- Hot Meals 12:00 pm Monday-Sunday, but the meal must be consumed off-site. The food pantry is offered 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Monday and Wednesday.
- Phone: (714) 547-4073
- Location: 1601 West Second Street, Santa Ana CA 92703
South County Outreach: Appointment Online Food Pantry
- Food distribution will be by appointment only. Any shopper coming without an appointment will be directed to call the hotline.
- Phone: Pantry Hotline at 949-380-8144 ext. 207
- Location: 7 Whatney, Suite B, Irvine, CA 92618
Food Resources for Children
- Orange County Department of Education has prepared a master list of all school locations in Orange County where families can pick up food.
Tustin Community Foundation: Grab and Go Food
- Grab and Go lunch and breakfast at no cost to children 18 and under
- Children must be present at pick up
- 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. weekdays
- Robert Heideman Elementary School, 15571 Williams Street
A.G. Currie Middle School, 1401 Sycamore Avenue
Tustin High School, 1171 El Camino Real
Food Resources for Seniors
Meals on Wheels Orange County: Meals for Seniors
- Up to 7 grab and go lunches to take home once a week. Must bring ID, or ID for individual who will receive the meals.
- Locations: Anaheim, Brea, Buena Park, Costa Mesa, Cypress, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, La Habra, Orange, Santa Ana, Seal Beach, Stanton, Tustin, Westminster
Age Well Senior Services: On the Go Food for Seniors
- Senior Center Grab and Go Lunch
- Can get up to 3 meals
- Locations: Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, San Juan Capistrano, Dana Point, Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, Laguna Beach, Newport Beach/Corona Del Mar, San Clemente
Irvine: Meals on Wheels
- Irvine Meals on Wheels provides nutritious, healthy, great tasting meals to senior residents or other individuals who cannot prepare or shop for meals themselves.
- Food for an entire day is delivered Monday through Friday between 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Phone: (949) 724-6927
- Location: 20 Lake Road Irvine, CA 92604
Alzheimer’s Orange County: Grocery Stores with Special Senior Hours
Office on Aging: Seniors with any need, please call 1-800-510-2020
Council on Aging Southern California
- Health Insurance Counseling, Concierge Care Navigators, Answer Resource Guides, Senior Protection Program, etc.
- Phone: (714) 479-0107
- Location: 2 Executive Circle, Suite 175, Irvine, CA 92614
Age Well Senior Services
- Provides services that promotes health and well being for seniors
- Phone: (949) 855-8033
- Location: 23101 Lake Center Drive, Suite 325, Lake Forest, CA 92630
- Services for blind and visually impaired adults. While their classes and services are temporarily suspended, they are here to provide support during the “safer-at-home” mandate by phone or online.
Covia’s Well Connected Program
- In this time of separation, Well Connected and Well Connected Español are here to provide support—to provide laughs, intellectual stimulation, inspiration, conversation and more, all via groups you can join from home, by phone or online.
- Phone: (877) 797-7299
Helping Hands Senior Foundation
- Offer free care planning service to seniors of any income, insurance, and/or health condition.
- Help people learn about great healthcare resources, housing with assistance for low income/disabled seniors and many great programs to seniors improve their quality of life.
Mental Health Services
- Tools and information on anxiety; resources for immediate response; how-to articles; webinars and workshops; articles specifically for parents, caregivers, older adults, domestic violence survivors, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans.
- Online resource to serve all K-12 girls at home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The resources include access to Girl Scouts of the USA’s new online platform, featuring free, self-guided activities for K-12 girls and local activities from Girl Scouts of Orange County.
- Resources for students, young professionals and parents
- On demand help with reducing stress and anxiety.
The Courtyard of Santa Ana
- Pet food is usually available on Wednesday nights at 5:30 p.m. at the Courtyard in Santa Ana.
- Phone: (714) 451-6198
- Location: 400 W. Santa Ana Blvd., Santa Ana, 92701
Calvary Chapel West Grove in Garden Grove
- Pet food available at Bread of Life Pantry, Thursday’s and Friday’s from 3:00 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Phone: (714) 897-8972
- Location: 12832 Knott St., Garden Grove, 92841
Illumination Foundation in Stanton
- Pet food is available in the food pantry, Monday Wednesday and Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Phone: (714) 507-2459
- Location: 7855 Katella Ave., Stanton, CA 90680
Community of Christ Church in Anaheim
- Pet food available through Paws for Peace pet food pantry. Open most Fridays from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and Sundays from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Phone: (714) 535-1675
- Location: 827 S Walnut St, Anaheim, CA 92802
RSM Food Pantry in Rancho Santa Margarita
- Open on the first and third Wednesday’s of the month from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., located at Shepard of the Hills United Methodist Church
- Phone: (714) 282-3097
- Location: 30605 Avenida de las Flores, Rancho Santa Margarita, 92688
Christ Cathedral Community Outreach
- Open on the first Saturday of the month from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Phone: (714) 282-3097
- Location: 13280 Chapman Ave., Garden Grove, CA 92840
If you are looking for ways to give back to the community, the organizations below are looking for volunteers.
- OC United Way
- Second Harvest Food Bank
- Goodwill Orange County
- Give Blood or Volunteer to Support American Red Cross
*Please note that dates and times are subject to change.
This article was released by the Orange County Business Council.