Weather in northwest Orange County for Monday, June 29, 2020:
A slight chance of light rain before 11am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 72. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Highs are expected to remain in the 70s over the course of the week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1652 Massachusetts declares itself an independent commonwealth.
- 1767 The British parliament passes the Townshend Revenue Act, levying taxes on America.
- 1861 Birth of William James Mayo, co-founder of the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota.
- 1862 Union forces, falling back from Richmond, fight at the Battle of Savage’s Station.
- 1865 Birth of William E. Borah, Republican senator from Idaho, opponent of the League of Nations.
- 1925 An earthquake ravages Santa Barbara, California.
- 1938 Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado, and Olympic National Park, Washington, are founded.
- 1950 President Harry S. Truman authorizes a sea blockade of Korea.
- 1951 The United States invites the Soviet Union to the Korean peace talks on a ship in Wonsan Harbor.
- 1970 U.S. troops pull out of Cambodia.