The Los Alamitos Recreation & Community Services Department are celebrating Parks Make Life Better month in July! Mark your calendar for the following activities all month long.
- Pop-Up Dog Park- July 3-31 at Laurel Park from 7:00am-7:00pm. The dog park is divided into a small dog section and large dog section. Make sure to bring your mask, adhere to social distancing, and please do not pet dogs other than your own.
- Parks Photography Contest- Send us your favorite landscape photo in a park by July 15. Winners will be announced on July 30 for each division: youth and adult.
- Low Cost Vet Care Drive up Clinic- July 12 from 8:00-10:00am. Stop by the Los Alamitos Community Center to receive low cost veterinary care and vaccines from the convenience of your own vehicle.
- Youth Arts & Crafts Workshop- July 18 from 2:30-4:30pm at the Los Alamitos Community Center. Classrooms will be broken up by age. Pre-registration is required.
- Senior Surprise Giveaway- July 21 at 1:00pm. Drive by the American Legion located at 3252 Florista Street in Los Alamitos during the Senior Grocery Program to pick up a surprise giveaway.
- Yoga in the Park- July 25 from 8:00-9:00am at Little Cottonwood Park. Bring your mask and mat as we spread out throughout the park for a free hour of yoga.
- Junior Ranger Program- Explore. Learn. Protect. Become a National Parks Service junior ranger online at https://www.nps.gov/kids/become-a-junior-ranger.htm. The Junior Ranger motto is recited by children around the country; each taking an oath of their own to protect parks, continue to learn about parks, and share their own ranger story with friends and family.
- Virtual Parks Run- Run with us in the month of July for a virtual 3K run throughout our City parks. Tag us on your run and share you pics so we can highlight your hard work!
- Back Yard Camp Out- On July 11 bust out the tent and s’mores as we camp out in your back yard! Fun educational tips and activities will be provided on our social medias to keep the whole family engaged.
- Plant a Marigold Flower- Stop by the Los Alamitos Community Center during business hours in the month of July to pick up a packet of marigold flower seeds to plant in your garden! This fast growing and colorful plant is sure to be a crowd pleaser in your home. The Community Center is open from 7:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday.
- DIY Flower Arrangement- Join Recreation staff in creating a flower arrangement from the convenience of your own garden. Follow our facebook @losalrecreation to make sure you don’t miss it!
- Social Media Contests & Prizes- Follow us on facebook, Instagram, twitter, and tik tok to participate in fun contests! Prizes will be awarded throughout the month of July.
The Los Alamitos Community Center is located at 10911 Oak Street in Los Alamitos. Please visit www.cityoflosalamitos.org/recreation for more detailed information on each activity or contact the Los Alamitos Recreation and Community Services Department at (562) 430-1073.