Weather in northwest Orange County for Tuesday, June 30, 2020:
Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 75. Light west wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Increasing clouds, with a low around 62. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light south in the evening.
Highs are forecast to rise, reaching the mid-80s by Sunday.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1768 Birth of Elizabeth Kortright, later Elizabeth Monroe, First Lady to U.S. President James Monroe.
- 1917 Birth of Lena Horne, American singer.
- 1919 Birth of Susan Hayward, actress.
- 1936 Margaret Mitchell’s novel, Gone With the Wind, is published.
- 1948 John Bardeen, Walter Brattain, and William Shockley demonstrate their invention, the transistor, for the first time.
- 1960 Alfred Hitchcock’s film, Psycho, opens.