Weather in northwest Orange County for Friday, July 31, 2020:
Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 94. Light southwest wind becoming west 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 64. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Highs are expected to gradually return to the lower 80s.
Heat Advisory in effect from July 30, 11:00 AM PDT until August 1, 09:00 PM PDT
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1790 The U.S. Patent Office opens.
- 1816 Birth of George Henry Thomas, Union general during the American Civil War.
- 1837 Birth of William Clarke Quantrill, Confederate raider during the American Civil War.
- 1867 Birth of S.S. Kresge, American businessman.
- 1875 Former president Andrew Johnson dies at the age of 66.
- 1882 Belle and Sam Starr are charged with horse stealing in the Indian territory.
- 1912 Birth of Milton Friedman, Nobel Prize-winning economist.
- 1971 Apollo 15 astronauts take a drive on the moon in their land rover.
- 1991 The US and the USSR sign a long-range nuclear weapons reduction pact.
- 1999 NASA purposely crashes its Discovery Program’s Lunar Prospector into the moon, ending the agency’s mission to detect frozen water on Earth’s moon.