Top Ten Stories for January 07 through January 16 include eligibility for COVID-19 vaccination, a suspicious death, and affordable housing.
The announcement of the eligibility for vaccination of those residents of Orange County ages 65 and older was by leaps and bounds the most-read story of the past week. Let me emphasize that Orange County Breeze has no inside information that we have not published, nor special pull to arrange an appointment. The County of Orange recommends that you check first with your health care provider regarding the availability of vaccinations. Arrangements for an appointment through the County of Orange should be made through the Othena app or website.
Be patient. The supply of vaccine is limited. The number of available appointments is severely limited until the County stands up additional points of dispensing beyond the first at the Disneyland Resort. Health care officials are aiming to get everyone vaccinated who wants to be vaccinated by July 4th. I am personally grateful that we at least have a date, however far off it seems right now, when COVID-19 will be shut in a box and the lid nailed down. In the meantime, continue precautions such as social distancing, frequent handwashing, and wearing a mask when away from home.
Top Ten Stories for January 07 through January 16 are the most-read stories at Orange County Breeze over the last week (excluding weather forecasts and events):
- County Health Officer opens COVID-19 vaccine to Residents Ages 65 and Older
- California Highway Patrol investigating suspicious death
- Long Beach Vaccination Clinics expand to administer COVID-19 vaccine to older adults
- Disneyland Resort to be first large point-of-dispensing site in Orange County
- COVID-19 vaccinations at Disneyland Resort Super POD site by appointment only
- Unidentified female pedestrian killed near Atlantic and Market in Long Beach
- California launches second phase of extension to unemployment benefits during COVID-19 [from July 2020]
- Orange County Board of Supervisors approves funding for seven affordable housing developments
- Defense Department releases timeline of National Guard involvement with Capitol Hill riot
- Former Orange County social worker pleads guilty to child pornography charges
Cover graphic of the January 2021 Orange County Breeze Dining, Arts & Entertainment (DARTS) guide.
Do you enjoy working puzzles? We added puzzles to DARTS! Beginning with the May 2015 issue, two pages of puzzles are included in our free monthly DARTS downloadable publication.