Top Ten Stories for December 2018 include gubernatorial pardons, insurance fraud, arson, and a long-running sexual molestation case out of Seal Beach.
The Top Ten Stories for December 2018 were the most read stories at Orange County Breeze over the month of May 2018 (excluding weather forecasts and events):
- Governor Brown’s Christmas Eve pardons include Orange County cases
- Former NFL Rams player killed in Texas crash
- California AG supports opposition to termination of DACA status
- Doctor, patient charged with insurance fraud for billing over $850,000 in prescription fraud scheme
- Huntington Beach motorcyclist killed in Long Beach
- Long Beach woman shot and killed in Downtown Entertainment District
- Buena Park church targeted by arsonist
- Scott Durzo case update: Jury trial date set for October 25, 2018 (Durzo pleaded guilty late in December.)
- Senator Moorlach will monitor California Supreme Court pension hearing
- LAUSD’s Lee Elementary School ranks in top five for Orange County
The community calendar event listed below was popular enough to qualify for the Top Ten list if it were articles. A link is not provided because the event will eventually be automatically deleted from our community calendar.
- Queen Mary New Year’s Eve Extravaganza
Cover graphic of the January 2019 Orange County Breeze Dining, Arts & Entertainment (DARTS) guide. The guide lists events local to northwest Orange County and southeast Los Angeles County.
Do you enjoy working puzzles? We added puzzles to DARTS! Beginning with the May 2015 issue, two pages of puzzles are included in our free monthly DARTS downloadable publication.