Weather in northwest Orange County for Saturday, January 12, 2019:
Showers, mainly before 10am. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 61. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph after midnight.
Rain will be possible through the first half of the new week, with highs in the 60s.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1588 Birth of John Winthrop, the first governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony.
- 1737 Birth of John Hancock, the first signer of the Declaration of Independence.
- 1876 Birth of Jack London, American writer (The Call of the Wild).
- 1915 The US Congress establishes Rocky Mountain National Park.
- 1926 US coal talks break down, leaving both sides bitter as the strike drags on into its fifth month.
- 1927 US Secretary of State Kellogg claims that Mexican rebel Plutarco Calles is aiding a communist plot in Nicaragua.
- 1932 Oliver Wendell Holmes retires from the Supreme Court at age 90.
- 1962 The United States resumes aid to the Laotian regime.
- 1982 Peking protests the sale of US planes to Taiwan.
- 1991 The US Congress gives the green light to military action against Iraq in the Persian Gulf Crisis.