Weather in northwest Orange County for Monday, January 14, 2019:
Rain, mainly after 10am. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 64. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 50. Southeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
There will be a chance of precipitation for most of the week, with highs in the 60s.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1730 Birth of William Whipple, a signatory of the Declaration of Independence.
- 1741 Birth of Benedict Arnold, American colonial General turned traitor.
- 1864 Confederate President Jefferson Davis writes to General Joseph E. Johnson, observing that troops may need to be sent to Alabama or Mississippi.
- 1911 The USS Arkansas, the largest US battleship, is launched from the yards of the New York Shipbuilding Company.
- 1916 British authorities seize German attaché Franz von Papen’s financial records confirming espionage activities in the US
- 1919 Birth of Andy Rooney, American humorist, author, and television personality (60 Minutes).
- 1942 President Franklin D. Roosevelt orders all aliens in the US to register with the government.
- 1943 Franklin Roosevelt, Winston Churchill, and Charles DeGaulle meet at Casablanca to discuss the direction of the war.
- 1969 A blast on the US carrier Enterprise in the Pacific results in 24 dead and 85 injured.
- 2005 Huygens, a probe, lands on Saturn’s moon Titan.