Weather in northwest Orange County for Wednesday, January 30, 2019:
Patchy fog before 10am. Otherwise, cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 67. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
A chance of showers after 4am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 51. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
A chance of precipitation is possible throughout much of the next week as a weather system moves through the area, with the heaviest rain expected on Thursday. High temperatures are forecast to drop into the low 60s.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1844 Richard Theodore Greener becomes the first African American to graduate from Harvard University.
- 1862 The USS Monitor is launched at Greenpoint, Long Island.
- 1882 Birth of Franklin D. Roosevelt, 32nd President of the United States.
- 1885 Birth of John Henry Towers, American naval aviation pioneer.
- 1901 Women Prohibitionists smash 12 saloons in Kansas.
- 1912 Birth of Barbara Tuchman, US historian (The Guns of August).
- 1931 The United States awards civil government to the Virgin Islands.
- 1936 Governor Harold Hoffman orders a new inquiry into the Lindbergh kidnapping.
- 1945 The Allies launch a drive on the Siegfried line in Germany.
- 1953 President Dwight Eisenhower announces that he will pull the Seventh Fleet out of Formosa to permit the Nationalists to attack Communist China.
- 1964 The Ranger spacecraft, equipped with six TV cameras, is launched to the moon from Cape Canaveral.
- 1976 The US Supreme Court bans spending limits in campaigns, equating funds with freedom of speech.
- 1980 The first-ever Chinese Olympic team arrives in New York for the Winter Games at Lake Placid.