Weather in northwest Orange County for Thursday, January 31, 2019:
Showers likely before 10am, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm between 10am and 4pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 4pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. High near 59. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
A chance of showers before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 49. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Rain is possible into the new week, with skies clearing by Tuesday. Highs are forecast to be in the 60s.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1620 Virginia colony leaders write to the Virginia Company in England, asking for more orphaned apprentices for employment.
- 1734 Birth of Robert Morris, signatory of the Declaration of Independence.
- 1835 A man with two pistols misfires at President Andrew Jackson at the White House.
- 1865 House of Representatives approves a constitutional amendment abolishing slavery.
- 1916 President Woodrow Wilson refuses the compromise on Lusitania reparations.
- 1919 Birth of Jackie Robinson, first African-American baseball player in the modern major leagues.
- 1944 US troops under Vice Admiral Spruance land on Kwajalien atoll in the Marshall Islands.
- 1966 US planes resume bombing of North Vietnam after a 37-day pause.
- 1976 Ernesto Miranda, famous from the Supreme Court ruling on Miranda vs. Arizona is stabbed to death.