The City of Buena Park’s Fine Arts Division proudly presents the 18th Annual High School Art Show March 7 – April 4, 2019, showing in Buena Park City Hall Council Chamber at 6650 Beach Blvd., Buena Park, 90621.
- Open to ninth through twelfth-grade high school students who attend school in Buena Park and neighboring cities. Entries MUST be submitted through the student’s school. Not open to after-school art programs or private instruction classes. Students are allowed to enter a maximum of two submissions, but may only place with one entry.
- All artwork must fall in the following categories; oil/acrylic, watercolor, ink, charcoal/pencil/pastel, 2D mixed media, or photography.
- All artwork on paper must be mounted on mat board or poster board. Work that is on canvas or framed must have wiring on the back and be ready to hang. Work that is not matted, mounted, or wired will not be accepted.
- All artwork must have a half-sheet of paper attached to the back lower right-hand corner with the student’s name, title of work, grade, school, and parent and teacher contact information (email and/or phone number).
- All submissions must have a display label with the title of artwork, artist’s first name and initial of last name, school, and school district.
- Deadline: March 1, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. Artwork will be accepted at the Buena Park Community Center, 6688 Beach Blvd., February 15, 2019 – March 1, 2019, between the hours of 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Thursday.
A panel of judges will review all submissions and will select the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in each medium category (subject to change if limited submissions are received in a specific category).
Ribbons and monetary prizes will be presented during the Awards Ceremony on Friday, March 15, 2018, at 6:00 p.m. at Buena Park City Hall. All participants, their families, friends, teachers, and school officials are invited to attend. Artwork will be on display at Buena Park City Hall from March 7, 2019, through April 4, 2019.
Please note: There is no constant security in this exhibition. As a participant in the show, the artist is releasing the City of Buena Park and those connected to the program from any and all liability regarding the work including damaged/and or stolen work during installation, exhibition, and de-installation.
For more information, please contact the Fine Arts Division at (714) 562-3868 or visit BuenaPark.com.
This article was released by the City of Buena Park.