Weather in northwest Orange County for Saturday, February 2, 2019:
Showers before 10am, then rain after 10am. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 62. Southeast wind 15 to 20 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
Rain before 10pm, then showers likely after 10pm. Low around 51. Southwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Flash Flood Watch in effect from February 2, 07:00 AM PST until February 3, 12:00 AM PST
Wind Advisory in effect from February 2, 10:00 AM PST until February 2, 06:00 PM PST
Rain is possible into the new week, with skies clearing by Tuesday. Highs are forecast to be in the 60s.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1571 All eight members of a Jesuit mission in Virginia are murdered by Indians who pretended to be their friends.
- 1848 The Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo formally ends the Mexican-American War.
- 1865 Confederate raider William Quantrill and his bushwackers rob citizens, burn a railroad depot and steal horses from Midway, Kentucky.
- 1870 The press agencies Havas, Reuter and Wolff sign an agreement whereby between them they can cover the whole world.
- 1876 The National Baseball League is founded with eight teams.
- 1895 Birth of George Halas, National Football League co-founder.
- 1900 Six cities, Boston, Detroit, Milwaukee, Baltimore, Chicago and St. Louis agree to form baseball‘s American League.
- 1916 US Senate votes independence for Philippines, effective in 1921.
- 1921 Airmail service opens between New York and San Francisco. Airmail’s First Day.
- 1948 The United States and Italy sign a pact of friendship, commerce and navigation.
- 1959 Arlington and Norfolk, Virginia, peacefully desegregate public schools.
- 1960 The US Senate approves 23rd Amendment calling for a ban on the poll tax.
- 1972 The Winter Olympics begin in Sapporo, Japan.
- 1978 US Jewish leaders bar a meeting with Egypt’s Anwar Sadat.
- 1987 Largest steel strike in American history, in progress since August, ends.