Weather in northwest Orange County for Monday, February 4, 2019:
Showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 61. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47. Southwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
There is a chance of rain through Tuesday night, followed by mostly sunny skies and temperatures in the low 60s. Showers may possibly return at the end of the week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1787 Shay’s Rebellion, an uprising of debt-ridden Massachusetts farmers against the new US government, fails.
- 1789 George Washington is unanimously elected the first president of the United States by the Electoral College. He will be unanimously elected again in 1792 and will remain the only US president in history to receive the totality of electoral votes.
- 1889 Harry Longabaugh is released from Sundance Prison in Wyoming, thereby acquiring the famous nickname, “the Sundance Kid.”
- 1899 After an exchange of gunfire, fighting breaks out between American troops and Filipinos near Manila, sparking the Philippine-American War
- 1902 Birth of Charles Lindbergh, the first man to fly solo across the Atlantic.
- 1906 The New York Police Department begins fingerprint identification.
- 1909 California law segregates Caucasian and Japanese schoolchildren.
- 1913 Birth of Rosa Lee Parks, civil rights activist.
- 1932 Governor Franklin D. Roosevelt inaugurates the Winter Olympics at Lake Placid, N.Y.
- 1941 The United Service Organizations (USO) is formed to entertain armed forces members and their families.
- 1945 The Big Three – American, British and Soviet leaders – meet in Yalta to discuss the war aims.
- 1974 Newspaper heiress Patty Hearst is kidnapped by the Symbionese Liberation Army, beginning one of the most bizarre cases in FBI history.
- 1986 The US Post Office issues a commemorative stamp featuring Sojourner Truth.