Weather in northwest Orange County for Saturday, February 9, 2019:
Showers before 10am. High near 58. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
A slight chance of showers after 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 46. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Temperatures are expected to remain cool, with rain likely to return in the back half of the new week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1773 Birth of William Henry Harrison, ninth US President and the first to die in office.
- 1799 The USS Constellation captures the French frigate Insurgente off the West Indies.
- 1825 The House of Representatives elects John Quincy Adams as the sixth US President.
- 1861 Jefferson F. Davis is elected president of the Confederate States of America.
- 1864 Union General George Armstrong Custer marries Elizabeth Bacon in their hometown of Monroe, Michigan.
- 1909 Birth of Dean Rusk, Secretary of State under presidents John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson.
- 1922 The US Congress establishes the World War Foreign Debt Commission.
- 1943 Allied authorities declare Guadalcanal secure after Imperial Japan evacuates its remaining forces from the island, ending the Battle of Guadalcanal.
- 1951 Actress Greta Garbo gets US citizenship.
- 1964 The U.\S embassy in Moscow is stoned by Chinese and Vietnamese students.