Weather in northwest Orange County for Sunday, February 10, 2019:
Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 58. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
A slight chance of showers before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 38. Northwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Temperatures are expected to remain cool, with rain likely to return in the back half of the week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1763 The Treaty of Paris ends the French-Indian War. France gives up all her territories in the New World except New Orleans and a few scattered islands.
- 1846 Led by religious leader Brigham Young, the first Mormons begin a long westward exodus from Nauvoo, Illinois, to Utah.
- 1863 P.T. Barnum’s star midgets, Tom Thumb and Lavinia Warren, are married.
- 1893 Birth of Jimmy Durante, American comedian and film actor.
- 1915 President Wilson blasts the British for using the US flag on merchant ships to deceive the Germans.
- 1942 The war halts civilian car production at Ford.
- 1945 B-29s hit the Tokyo area.
- 1955 Bell Aircraft displays a fixed-wing vertical-takeoff plane.
- 1960 Adolph Coors, the beer brewer, is kidnapped in Golden, Colorado.
- 1966 Protester David Miller is convicted of burning his draft card.
- 1979 The Metropolitan Museum announces the first major theft in its 110-year history; a $150,000 Greek marble head.