Weather in northwest Orange County for Tuesday, February 19, 2019:
Sunny, with a high near 60. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Mostly clear, with a low around 40. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Temperatures are expected to remain cool with mostly sunny skies. There will be a chance of showers in the middle of the week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1807 Vice President Aaron Burr is arrested in Alabama for treason. He is later found innocent.
- 1847 Rescuers finally reach the ill-fated Donner Party in the Sierras.
- 1917 American troops are recalled from the Mexican border.
- 1925 President Calvin Coolidge proposes the phasing out of the inheritance tax.
- 1926 Dr. Lane of Princeton estimates the earth’s age at one billion years.
- 1944 The US Eighth Air Force and the Royal Air Force begin “Big Week,” a series of heavy bomber attacks against German aircraft production facilities.
- 1965 Fourteen Vietnam War protesters are arrested for blocking the United Nations’ doors in New York.
- 1966 Robert F. Kennedy suggests the United States offer the Vietcong a role in governing South Vietnam.
- 1981 The US State Department calls El Salvador a “textbook case” of a Communist plot.
- 1987 New York Governor Mario Cuomo declares that he will not run for president in the next election.