Weather in northwest Orange County for Tuesday, February 26, 2019:
Patchy fog before 10am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 66. Light south wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Patchy fog after 10pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 48. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Cloudiness will build as chance of rain increases towards the end of the week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1829 Birth of Levi Strauss, creator of blue jeans.
- 1832 Birth of John George Nicolay, private secretary to Abraham Lincoln
- 1846 Birth of William Frederick Cody, aka “Buffalo Bill”.
- 1917 President Wilson publicly asks congress for the power to arm merchant ships.
- 1924 US steel industry finds claims an eight-hour day increases efficiency and employee relations.
- 1933 Ground is broken for the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco.
- 1943 US Flying Fortresses and Liberators pound German docks and U-boat lairs at Wilhelmshaven.
- 1951 The 22nd Amendment is added to the Constitution limiting the Presidency to two terms.
- 1964 Lyndon B. Johnson signs a tax bill with $11.5 billion in cuts.
- 1965 Norman Butler is arrested for the murder of Malcom X.
- 1970 Five Marines are arrested on charges of murdering 11 South Vietnamese women and children.
- 1973 A publisher and 10 reporters are subpoenaed to testify on Watergate.
- 1993 A bomb rocks the World Trade Center in New York City. Five people are killed and hundreds suffer from smoke inhalation.