Weather in northwest Orange County for Tuesday, March 5, 2019:
A chance of rain after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 66. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Rain, with thunderstorms also possible after 4am. Low around 55. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
A chance of showers and rain is possible through much of the week, with highs in the lower 60s.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1624 Class-based legislation is passed in the colony of Virginia, exempting the upper class from punishment by whipping.
- 1766 Antonio de Ulloa, the first Spanish governor of Louisiana, arrives in New Orleans.
- 1821 James Monroe becomes the first president to be inaugurated on March 5, only because the 4th was a Sunday.
- 1824 Birth of Elisha Harris, U.S. physician and founder of the American Public Health Association.
- 1933 Newly inaugurated President Franklin D. Roosevelt halts the trading of gold and declares a bank holiday.
- 1946 In Fulton, Missouri, Winston Churchill tells a crowd that “an iron curtain has descended on the Continent [of Europe].”
- 1956 The U.S. Supreme Court affirms the ban on segregation in public schools in Brown vs. Board of Education.
- 1984 The U.S. Supreme Court rules that cities have the right to display the Nativity scene as part of their Christmas display.