Weather in northwest Orange County for Tuesday, March 12, 2019:
Mostly sunny, with a high near 69. Light and variable wind becoming west 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
Mostly clear, with a low around 50. West wind 5 to 15 mph becoming southeast after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Temperatures are expected to rise well above average, reaching the upper 70s by the end of the week, coupled with sunny skies.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1664 New Jersey becomes a British colony.
- 1789 The United States Post Office is established.
- 1862 Jane Delano, nurse, teacher, founder of the Red Cross.
- 1863 President Jefferson Davis delivers his State of the Confederacy address.
- 1884 Mississippi establishes the first U.S. state college for women.
- 1894 Coca-Cola is sold in bottles for the first time.
- 1911 Dr. Fletcher of the Rockefeller Institute discovers the cause of infantile paralysis.
- 1912 Juliet Low founds the Girl Scouts in Savannah, Georgia.
- 1922 Jack Kerouac, American novelist (On the Road).
- 1928 Edward Albee, American dramatist (Who’s Afraid of Virginia Wolf).
- 1933 President Roosevelt makes the first of his Sunday evening fireside chats.
- 1959 The U.S. House of Representatives joins the Senate in approving the statehood of Hawaii.
- 1985 The United States and the Soviet Union begin arms control talks in Geneva.