Weather in northwest Orange County for Friday, March 15, 2019:
Sunny, with a high near 73. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph.
Mostly clear, with a low around 51. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Temperatures are expected to remain above average through the weekend before dropping back to normal, with a chance of rain in the forecast around midweek.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1767 Birth of Andrew Jackson, seventh President of the United States (1829-1837).
- 1820 Maine is admitted as the 23rd state.
- 1862 General John Hunt Morgan begins four days of raids near the city of Gallatin, Tenn.
- 1864 The Red River Campaign begins as the Union forces reach Alexandria, La.
- 1892 New York State unveils the new automatic ballot voting machine.
- 1895 Bone Mizell, the famed cowboy of Florida, appears before a judge for altering cattle brands.
- 1916 General John Pershing and his 15,000 troops chase Pancho Villa into Mexico.
- 1934 Henry Ford restores the $5-a-day wage.
- 1955 The U.S. Air Force unveils the first self-guided missile.
- 1967 President Lyndon Johnson names Ellsworth Bunker as the new ambassador to Saigon. Bunker replaces Lodge.
- 1968 The U.S. mint halts the practice of buying and selling gold.
- 1991 Four Los Angeles police are charged in the beating of Rodney King.