Weather in northwest Orange County for Wednesday, March 20, 2019:
A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 64. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51. West wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
High temperatures are forecast to remain the 60s as a weather system moves through the region.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1760 The Great Fire of Boston destroys 349 buildings.
- 1841 Edgar Allan Poe’s The Murders in the Rue Morgue, considered the first detective story, is published.
- 1852 Harriet Beecher Stowe’s Uncle Tom’s Cabin is published.
- 1918 The Bolsheviks of the Soviet Union ask for American aid to rebuild their army.
- 1922 President Warren G. Harding orders U.S. troops back from the Rhineland.
- 1925 Birth of John Ehrlichman, White House advisor to President Nixon.
- 1928 Birth of Fred Rogers, television performer (Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood).
- 1939 President Franklin D. Roosevelt names William O. Douglas to the Supreme Court.
- 1965 President Lyndon B. Johnson orders 4,000 troops to protect the Selma-Montgomery civil rights marchers.
- 1969 Senator Edward Kennedy calls on the United States to close all bases in Taiwan.
- 1976 Patty Hearst is convicted of armed robbery.
- 1982 U.S. scientists return from Antarctica with the first land mammal fossils found there.
- 1987 The United State approves AZT, a drug that is proven to slow the progress of AIDS.